Monday, February 15, 2010

Porirua EMO on Facebook

And now we have a Facebook page too! Just search for Porirua Emergency Management Office. It's mostly going to be links back to this blog (which will be really recursive when I link to this post!), but there is a discussion board (where I've already posted my Emergency Management vs Civil Defence rant), and feel free to leave approriate comments!

Given our current inability to update the council's emergency update page from anything but a council networked PC (i.e. going to the office and updating it), I figure the more avenues for getting information out the better. I can update all the social networking sites from home, and even my phone.

I can't guarrantee that I'll get to them in a large scale emergency, so you'd have to rely on the media releases coming out, but I'll keep them as up-to-date as I (or the Public Information Manager) can.

No comments: