Monday, June 14, 2010

Brrrrr!

Apparently there was a mangnitude 5.3 earthquake 160km northwest of Wellington at about 2.20am on Saturday morning. Perhaps some of you party animals were awake to feel it? I know I certainly wasn't!

And this morning... crikey, it was cold! MetService reckons it's the coldest morning of the year so far. My car door was frozen shut! I spent about 10 minutes scraping the ice off the windscreen, mirrors & windows so that I could see enough to drive safely, 5 minutes trying to get the door open, and then another 10 minutes trying to defrost my fingers again.

There was an awful lot of black ice on the roads - the motorway, Haywards Hill etc - so I want you lot to take extra care when driving on mornings like this one. I don't want to hear yet another nose-to-tail motor vehicle accident in Porirua come over the radio.

No comments: