Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What did I miss?

Back on deck after the long weekend, what did I miss?

Ooh, a Severe Weather Watch for gales yesterday, and heavy rain for the Tararuas and Kapiti. And a magnitude 3.7 earthquake 10km east of Waikanae. Did you all survive all right?

I seem to have lost another chunk of riverbank by my place along the Porirua Stream, along with a tree. Lost about a metre off my front section during the flooding a couple of weeks ago, and the rain over the weekend has caused the already sodden ground to slip further, taking a tree with it.

Paekakariki Hill Road is currently closed due to a slip that covered both lanes, approximately 2km north of Battle Hill.

And I see some people were forced to evacuate their homes in Strathmore when a bit of their hillside gave way - http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3784563/Downpours-expected-to-hit-sodden-country

At least the weather on Saturday was nice...

No comments: