Thunderstorms can bring not just thunder & lightning, but also damaging and quite localised wind gusts, and localised heavy downpours - and we know all to well the problems those can cause for us!
As a thunderstorm approaches we recommend that you:
- take shelter, preferably indoors away from windows
- avoid sheltering under trees, if outside
- move cars under cover or away from trees
- secure any loose objects around your property
- check that drains & gutters are clear
- be ready to slow down or stop, if driving
During and after the storm, you should also:
- be aware of fallen trees and power lines
- avoid streams and drains as you may be swept away in flash flooding
- stay out of flood waters, it's usually contaminated with sewage and you cannot see the hazards beneath (like open drain covers)
Take care out there today!